Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Welcome to Food, Glorious Food!


Hello all! My name is Kate and welcome to my blog. =)

I am a thirty-something female in the southeastern US who loves FOOD. Who doesn't, right? Some of my first memories include baking cookies with my mom at Christmastime, creating crazy edible concoctions with my dad (from spicy virgin Bloody Marys and Pina Coladas to insane cookie sandwiches) and eating at our favorite local Chinese restaurant. I took that love and went on to work in several restaurants around our area, starting out as an ice cream girl at Swensen's and eventually waiting tables at one of the best fine dining seafood restaurants here, the Bridge Tender - which is also where I met my fiance, Chris! Now he and I do a lot of home cooking, but we also enjoy going out to eat at both new and old restaurants and trying anything and everything that sounds appetizing. I can't wait to share my experiences with all of you, since food is really what brings people together, don't you agree?

This blog will not only share my experiences visiting restaurants but also my favorite home-cooked meals. I will try to be as explicit as possible so you can truly get the full effect and will be able to imagine that you are right there with me, savoring every delicious mouthful. I'll also include tips on how to prepare these dishes so you can make them at home. I will be sure to post photos as well, as everyone knows a picture speaks a thousand words.

This is a new experience for me so I'm sure there will be some bumps along the way... please just bear with me and hopefully it will all come together in a fantastic experience for everyone! Any and all comments are welcome in hopes of bettering this for all parties involved.

George Bernard Shaw said it best: "There is no sincerer love than the love of food."

I couldn't agree more.

Thank you SO much for reading - enjoy!



I want to include a few acknowledgements:


To my wonderful fiance, Chris - you are my heart and my main inspiration for doing this. You have always told me I can do whatever I set my mind to, and you have also showed me just how much I love food. I always knew it, you've just opened my eyes to all the different epicurean pleasures the world has to offer. Thank you for that and so much more. 
To quote OITNB: "We're gonna eat the world." Can't wait. :) I love you!!

To Kate, my spirit twin - you have given me so much insight on the world ever since I met you! This would NOT be possible without you. You are such a beautiful, strong, amazing woman and I'm so honored to know you. I can't wait to start working together with you in person on a daily basis - WVS better watch out for K2!



To Mom and Dad - it was you two who first showed me the simple pleasures in life regarding the world of food. I would not be where I am today without you. Thank you for that and so much more - you'll never know how much it means to me.  I love you both!


No comments:

Post a Comment