Friday, February 17, 2017

Thai Thai Cafe does it again... PHO SHO!

Hello everyone, long time no post! Hope you have all been living and eating well... I know I have! Today I want to share my recent experience with the pho at Thai Thai Cafe here in Mooresville. I know, I've already written about their food, but I FINALLY tried their pho last Friday (after much encouragement from my co-workers), and was completely blown away. Look at this pic below and TELL me it doesn't look yummy:

It totally does, right? And trust me, it tasted as amazing as it looks. I've posted about pho from various places before but this one seriously took the cake. And it all starts with the broth...

There is something so cozy about real homemade beef broth - it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside (especially on a cold night, like it was last week). I got my pho to-go (ha - that is a great name for a take-out pho place!) and they separated everything (like any decent restaurant will) - the broth was in its own container, so you could see its clarity right off the bat. But don't let that fool you - just because it's clear doesn't mean it's not chock full of flavor, because this one was both incredibly rich and tasty. We added a little hoisin and Sriracha (just to spice it up and increase the umami aspect), but it honestly would have been just as delicious by itself. 

The next best part were the noodles. As you can see, these are wide rice noodles, as opposed to the thinner ones that typically come in pho, which is another reason I liked this version so much - those wide noodles are EVERYTHING! (We hadn't had them until recently, and ever since, we have been obsessed with eating anything that contains them.) They have such an interesting texture, and they really soak up all the flavors of the broth and spices. Also in the box with the noodles were the protein (I got beef, Chris got chicken), mung beans, cilantro, onions, and a lime (all of which I loaded in my bowl, as you can tell by how full it is!). The steak was incredibly tender - theoretically I shouldn't even have to mention this, but some places use different cuts of meat and they don't always turn out to be as tender, so that made this version that much better.

The last thing I want to mention is that they gave us a TON of everything - what I have pictured is only what could fit in my bowl, and I couldn't even eat all of that in one sitting! Next time we might just get one order and share it... but then again, we wouldn't have all of the leftovers (and yes, they were indeed as amazing as the first night, if not better). If you're in Mooresville and are in the mood for some tasty, authentic, reasonably priced Asian food, I highly recommend Thai Thai. Everything I've tried thus far has been incredibly delicious - Chris and I order from them almost every week (it's our Friday tradition) and we have yet to be disappointed. Keep on keepin' on, guys! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment